CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

some domestication going on up in here!

Hey friends

Every year our PTO has a cookie exchange. This will be my first year to participate in it and I took some liberty to stretch what "Cookie Exchange" meant. Cookie - Candy - they're both sweet and desserts so I decided to go with candy. I found an awesomely easy soft chew caramel candy recipe from Your Homebased Mom. It was wonderfully easy and people that don't even care for caramel said that it was awesome and delicious. I've never made any candy in my life, much less caramel. I will say patience, patience and more patience - oh! and definitely a heavy gauge pan, mine started to scorch before I could get to 243 degrees but it still set up wonderfully. Here is the finished product:

 
I doubled the recipe to make sure I had enough for the exchange for generous portions and my hubby is the "Caramel Monster". I ended up with 133 pieces, although if I had uniformly cut them I would have probably gotten at least 150. It was late and it hadn't cooled completely but it was midnight and this momma has to get up at 6am for work and Buckeroo for school, so I spooned them.

Hope everyone's holiday is going amazing, mine is and I'm so excited about getting back to blogging this year. I'm been declining volunteer requests, offers, etc to make sure that there is time for my family and myself. At first it felt weird and completely uncomfortable, but now that I'm starting to have some reward for that weirdness and uncomfortableness it's nice and I will continue to do it, more on that later.

Much Luv,
Michelle

1 comments:

Amy of While Wearing Heels

YUM! That looks delicious. I hope you'll be blogging about your home improvement projects soon, too!

Post a Comment

Tell me The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!!