So you may be asking what exactly is the Leibster Award? Well it's really awesome, it's a nice little award for smaller blogs with less than 200 followers. It's a little pat on the back and some fuel to keep you going when you think you're the only person reading your blog. You answer the eleven questions posed to you by the nominator, add eleven random facts about yourself and link back to your nominator.
Here's the questions posed to me:
- What is the purpose of blogging, to you? hmmm, it's a little of everything really. It's my space to vent, to throw ideas around, to allow me to connect with amazing people that I would probably never have been able to connect with. To show off my wonderful family (yes I am biased and yes I show them off alot),
- Satin or Lace? lace is my thing lately - as a matter of fact this weekend I'm gonna do pin that has lace on the bottom of the capri pants. altho I'm so short I'll have hem the capris higher so that when i add the lace they'll hit the longer length capris
- Twine or Leather? both - really I'm jonesing on twine right now - it is so versatile! but come on leather who doesn't luv the smell of the real deal???
- Sequins or Pearls? again both - altho the next thing that truly pops in my head for the next question is "Whips or chains?" HAHA. Sequins because if it blings i want it - my blog name was 'all that glitta and blang' before heart made. and pearls fancy ANYTHING up. kinda like black when you're decorating a room. all rooms need a touch of black
- What has been your hardest learned lesson in Blogland? that i didn't have to post ALL the time, I don't have a monetized blog so that's ok and works for me. and i stopped worrying about the numbers. i have found some AH-MAY-ZING people that have become great friends thru this blog and that my friends is what it's about for me, CONNECTING. true i can call or text or email when i need something and know that they'll be there connecting.
- What's one suggestion you have for new bloggers? same answer as #5, and that although sometimes it may seem like you're the only one reading your blog you aren't there are other people out there that are, or maybe they just haven't found it yet, but if it's been put on your heart you need to follow because even if you ARE the only one right now - it's what your soul is telling you you need
- Situation: The house is a disaster, you walk in the door and your phone goes off. Company will arrive in 15 minutes... what do you do? OY! do u secretly live at my home?? lol. well it would depend on who it was family and friends that know me - nothing but shove the stuff off the couch so they can set and a quick swish of the toilet brush. if more like an acquaintance shove everything into the master and close the door and 'forget' to give them the grand tour, HA!
- What's your favorite thing to put on the table when company comes over? food. food makes almost everyone relax and feel comfortable
- Do you enjoy being a guest or being a host more? hmm, i like when i get to be both - you know when you go to a great friends house for a shindig and you help finish things up. yea that, those are the best!
- If you could grow any plant in any quantity, what would it be? plants - it's a tie b/t roses and hydrangeas. roses because it reminds me of my grandparents who are both gone and i miss so much every single day that its still hard to think about them, hydrangeas because they are beautiful, crafty and you can change the other with a simple nail! vegetable - oh man that's a hard one. but I'd go with green beans as they are the only veggie that our little family can all agree on!
- If you could play any instrument, what would it be? flute - I've always wanted to play it it is so whimsical, beautiful, relaxing. just....i don't know, almost fairy tale-ish.
1. My favorite movie of my childhood is Sound of Music.
2. My favorite movie of adulthood is Pretty in Pink, yes I was an older teen when it came out but I SSSOOOOO connected with Molly Ringwald. The underdog girl got *THE* crush guy, who turned out to be an amazing person. As I grew older it still applied to my life I got an amazing guy that turned into an amazing husband and daddy.
3. I met, dated, engaged and married my hubby within 9 months TOTAL!
4. We will be celebrating our 16th anniversary this year.
5. We were married on September 13, I've always thought that 13 was a lucky number. I'm superstitious but usually the opposite way, LOL!
6. I got married 6 days after I turned 21, and we celebrated our marriage and my turning 21 by honeymooning in Lake Charles and the boats (free booze) LOL!
7. My hubby is 9.3 years older than me, and our birth years are flipped numbers of each others, 67 and 76.
8. I want an entire house full of kiddos, we are almost certified to foster to adopt and we don't care their gender, race, nationality, sibling groups, just young 5 and under so our bio son, Buckeroo never feels like he's being replaced.
9. I've always felt led to be a stay at home, home-schooling wife and momma, I unfortunately do work but it is for our family business so I still get to do alot of stuff that I would be doing if I didn't work.
10. I have a deep seeded fear of having Alzheimer's. My grandmother had it extremely bad, and before I became pregnant I had an excellent memory I could recall anything even years after it happened, a picture memory. Then I developed baby brain....and it never left. It's such a deep seeded fear I made my regular doctor send me to a neurologist after she said it was just being too busy. It all came back as good, so I've learned to live in the day....and take lots of pictures (just in case).
11. I've just now started to learn how to become comfortable in my own skin thanks to Amy at While Wearing Heels. She's one of a few amazing people that I've meet through blogging and have become great friends with.
Now I must nominate 11 other new or under 200 followers blogs, please go and give them some blog love.
1. Barefeet on the Dashboard
2. Loving and Living Life with My Boys
3. From Overwhelmed to Organized
4. Little House on the Prairie Living - I couldn't find how many followers she had and more than likely she has over 200 but she is AH-MAY-ZING with alot of her know how and shares SO much information!
5. Mish Mashed Momma
6. Our Eventual Homestead
7. Our Little Orphanage
8. Queen B and Me - Again couldn't find how many followers she has but I lover her projects and they don't break the bank - and OMW check out her kitchen remodel!!
9. Robb Restyle - Ditto on the count - I'm not the most tech savvy so it maybe something with me - but these are still great blogs with fabu ideas!!
10. Seven Alive All Living in a Double Wide
11. Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers - Ditto again on the count - I'm beginning to think it is me - I'm all ears for any pointers.
Now for the 11 questions for my nominees to answer:
1. Are you married and for how long?
2. What is your favorite crafting tool?
3. Who is your celebrity crush?
4. Who would be the one person you could meet that you haven't? (can be anyone a bloggy friend, a celebrity, a person you look up to, etc)
5. Pinterest or No Pinterest? If ye, please list the link.
6. How did you and your SO meet?
7. What is your dream vacation?
8. Is there a particular craft, genre, etc that you are really into right now?
9. What is your funniest or duhiest crafting or DIY moment? Little extra sumpin sumpin - mine was at Christmas this past year and I was making a new front door wreath and my hot glue gun ran out and I proceeded to reload it with a glue stick.....whole I was olding it at an akward angle and proceeded to burn the bejesus out of my wedding and pinky finger webbing. The minute it happened I asked myself outload - what in theworld were you thinking?!
10. How many states and countries have you been to?
11. What is your deepest, darkest secret?....JUST KIDDING!! What's your favorite flavor of snowcone?
Please come back and leave a link to your post on this post (OY!) so that I can read your information. I love to find out more information about people I read about, get ideas from, etc.
Again, thanks so much Rosie - I love your blog too!! I'm so glad I found you via Amy !