CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Menu Plan and weekend wrap up

hello luvs ~ sorry for the delay and absense. we've been busy with school, church, cub scouts, fall cleaning, clearing property, fostering, etc.

Everything is going great on all fronts, it's so nice!

Buckaroo is luving 1st grade, altho for some reason he thinks this year is longer than last year. I think it's because some of his friends from church their school district has shorter days for kindergarten. Ours doesn't, which has really been a blessing.

Bubba Hubster and I are doing Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University at our church and it is
AH-MAY-ZING!! It's really changing how we see and spend money, we are enjoying it so much. and I'm enjoying the time Bubba Hubster and I are getting to spend togather, and it's nice not to argue about money and how to dispense it.

Buckaroo was so upset last year when he found out he was too young for Cub Scouts, and then at the beginning of this year he didn't wanna join. But then the Scout Master came and talked to his school and he was roaring to go <that made this former Girl Scout's heart sing>. Well there was noone to be Den Leader so guess who stepped in? Nope not me, but Big Daddy aka Bubba Hubster. Actually he really wanted to do it, I didnt say a word, he approached me. I knew I couldn't take on another roll with room mom, fostering and working. We were so lucky another Dad stepped forward to be Asssistant den Leader. I decided to be a Co-Assistant Den Leader just because all of us leaders work long hours and do a number of business trips, plus I figure I'm the back up to the back up, LOL! Pray for me we are going camping camping in two weekends, and for this momma well the heated/ac'd travel trailer is ruffing it for me!

We've been doing fall cleaning inside and out, the ceilings and walls never got sweeped down during the summer so i'm making up for it right now. Outside we just are clearing the underbrush and years of pine needles in out wooded parts of our acreage (plus Bubba Hubster really likes bonfires) :D

On the fostering we are just waiting for the fire inspection now, I'll be calling the gas pressure tester tomorrow and as soon as he's done we can all the fire marshall. whoot whoot! we still need at least one crib, but we did get the last dresser we needed.

I think that's all for now! So here's our menu plan for the week - Hope you enjoy!

Monday - Speghati, garlic toast, fruit
Tuesday - Tacos and tostados, rice and beans
Wednesday - Sandwiches & chips, side of carrots w/ranch
Thursday - Cheeseburgers & fries, fruit
Friday - Mexican Casserole (speghatios for Buckaroo as he does not like ANYTHING made with Cream of Mushroom soup)
Saturday - lunch: nachos
                 dinner: baked chicken, mashed potatoes & fried okra
Sunday - lunch: out or bugers
               dinner: ham, julienne potatoes, carrots

Much Luv!!
Michelle

1 comments:

Anonymous

I've been away a while now but wanted to check in an see how things were going and happy to see that they are going well. Prayers that the inspections are done quickly and pass. Isn't it funny how the little ones minds change so quickly lol I bet he's loving cub scouts. Sorry you have to 'rough it' on the camping trip but certain you will have a blast:)

Regina

Post a Comment

Tell me The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!!