Today is an awesome day! First it is Buckaroo's 1st day of 1st grade! On that note I've decided to make a lil tradition, every year when the day cooresponds with that school year we are gonna have a photo extravaganza and a celebratory dinner. For example this year is today, 1st day of school of the 1st grade. next year will be the 2nd day of 2nd grade. 3rd day of 3rd grade, and on and on. Yes, I am a COMPLETE dork, but am awesome dork!
He was telling me "Momma boys don't do "Yeah I'm so excited to be in 1st grade" pictures!" So I told him how to pose!
How many more!
he got really excited once we got to school!
I luv this lil dude so much!
when in the world did he get so big?!
Him and his teacher with her presents (post on the clipboard soon - from another great blog I follow)
He was all over knowing what to do - he's a "professional" lunch up, backpacks on chairs, get breakfast - bing, bang boom!
What???? Did you really think you were NOT going to get picture overload today? I mean I wouldn't be me without them!
Thank you Lauren - it means so much to me! I know I'm not writing for just ME - other people really are reading and maybe I will give them a laugh or touch them in some way! Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself
My fifteen are the following (in no particular order):
1) Merissa @ Little House on the Praire Living http://www.littlehouseliving.com/
2) Mandy @ Biblical Homemaking http://biblicalhomemaking.blogspot.com/
3) Andrea @ Queen B & Me http://queenbandme.blogspot.com/
4) Ashley @ 5ohwifey http://www.5ohwifey.com/
5) Danielle @ Blissful & Domestic http://www.blissfulanddomestic.com/
6) Heather @ Glitter & Gloss http://www.glitterandglossblog.com/
7) Abbie @ Five Days Five Ways http://www.fivedaysfiveways.com/
8) Cassie @ Hi Sugarplum! http://hisugarplum.blogspot.com/
9) Erin @ Living & Loving Life w/ My Boys @ http://lovingandlivinglifewithmyboys.blogspot.com/
10) Heather Lynn @ Just.Love.ly http://blog.justlove.ly/
11) Ashley @ Mini Manor http://www.maillardvillemanor.com/
12) Lena @ Mom2Mephisand Ruby http://mom2memphisandruby.blogspot.com/
13) Our Little Orphanage http://ourlittleorphanage.blogspot.com/
14) Amy @ While Wearing Heels http://whilewearingheels.blogspot.com/
15) Delilah @ The Confessions of a Semi-Domesticated Mama http://www.semidomesticatedmama.com/
Shew! Choosing JUST fifteen was hard! There are such wonderful blogs out there that I luv!
Now for 7 things about myself......hmmm this is hard I can talk all day about my family and crafts but me, oh no thank you ma'am!
1) I have 8 tats (technically 11 if you count cover-ups but I don't), yes I luv them all, no it really didn't hurt (the vibrations of the machine makes your body numb after a while), no i don't care if one day they are going to be all wrinkly and distorted ( i will remember the reason and story behind them), and yes my momma and daddy HATE them. my most favorite one is this one:
2) I have always wanted to be just a momma and a wife. I think those are the highest, noblest callings one could have. Not that working is bad or not noble, I've just always (from a little girl) wanted to be at home, taking care of my home and family. I'm not that great at multi-tasking so with me being a working mom, something usually get pushed to the back burner (sleep) but thats ok. it's our life and i luv it.
4) I have anxiety. horribly. I used to be ashamed of it, but not anymore. I feel that if people talk more about disorders they have the better off we will all be. There are still people that tell me I can fix myself if I want but I know that I am one that needs the medication, and that is what's best for my family and me. It no longer controls me or us, I still have bad days of course, but I can move past it.
5) I have had dreams of being a singer and a teacher. I know I could never ever BE a singer, I just am painfully (#6) shy and to be honest I do not think any fame. fortune or fantasy would be worth what celebrities go through. Since my son has started school I have learned that I may not have the mental reserves it takes to be a teacher. I praise these men and women that follow their calling and are teaching our kids, it is alot to take on and then to still have reserves for your family at night time. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU if you are a teacher.
6) Most people that haven't known me for a long time would never ever classify me as a shy person or close to it. But I am painfully so. I worried so much about Buckaroo and Bubba Hubby and I are cut from that same painfully shy cloth, and if he would be the same. Thank you Sweet Heavenly Father for him not being that way. As I've gotten older I have perfected my "bulldoze thru the first few conversations" tactic, to make new friends. But if you asked my family and friends that knew me when I was younger they would lament how shy I was.
7) I want a gaggle of kids (and yes gaggle is a word in Michelle's Dictionary - it basically means more than a brod) unfortunately my body has other plans and it took us six long, hard years to have Buckaroo. During those six years I learned so much about myself, my husband, our marriage and people. I'm not in any way as strong as I thought I was but I am not as weak either. My husband is a rockstar, in all facets, a true honest to God *ROCKSTAR* never once did he ever ever think of changing his mind about spending the rest of his life with me. Our marriage was/is as strong as I dreamt it was, thank you Sweet Jesus for sending this man for me. Thank you Sweet Jesus for making and sending this man to me. I do not know where I would be today without him or our marriage. People, well this one is alot harder. People can be so mean and cruel without trying but by not measuring their comments. But I also learned they can be sweeter than the sweetest nectar. So many people would tell me, it'll happen if it's meant to be. Be happy with the son (my stepson was 8 when his daddy and I married) you have. People that is the top two things to NOT say to people fighting infertility. Meant to be could be so many different ways and it's really a fight, a battle, just stand beside or behind us to help us. And just because we want MORE children does NOT mean we are NOT happen with the kids we have, it's just that we want more. On the flipside, I had a friend that said one day when she found out I only had the one, "God knows you could get it right with just one, He keeps giving me more chances." That sweet friend has NO idea how profound effect that statement had on me. During the process of trying to have more kids after Buckaroo and deciding to foster to adopt her statement has been that light at the end of the tunnel for me so many days.
So after reading my autobiography I hope you come back again......can you see that painfully shy girl coming out?