CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Just Hang In There {or my hanging tabs for my hand towels}

Hey Ya'll!

An issue that I've come across when I use my hand towels is that I have to leave them folded up on the counter. While it is not a huge ordeal I just really like clean counter tops. My stove has a cute embroidered one that one of my best friends made for me that hangs on the oven handle.
 
I thought about it and thought if I could have a tab on them it would be perfect for the hooks that I already have hanging. I looked at Joanne's for something that would have a snap but couldn't find anything, so I made my own out of ribbon.
 
First choose ribbon that fits your colors and décor, cut it long enough to loop it.

(Yes, I'm a total retro babe and have had these colors for about 3 years.)
 
I then tacked each loop before sewing it on the hand towel, it was much easier to work with.

 
Make sure that you trim the ends so that they look nice and neat.

 
After you tack the ribbon and trim the ends, sew the tab to the middle of the side of the towel (I did this so the towel wouldn't dust the ground). One piece of advice make sure you put the tab on the correct side (the under side) so that the ribbon shows correctly and all the sewing lines on the tab.

Here's a picture with the tab done correctly.

The finished product! It took me probably 20 mins to do my six hand towels. The only thing I would do differently is to do these tabs sooner and make sure the ribbon was facing correctly.
 
 
Let me know what you think!
 
Much Luv,
Michelle

1 comments:

Amy of While Wearing Heels

Brilliant. I love the cool hook, the towel and your brilliant idea to add a tab to hang it. Great job!

Post a Comment

Tell me The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!!